Finding a camera is relatively easy as many options are available. But finding the best one that meets your needs is difficult. So, if you are a travel blogger just like me, you already know the hassle of choosing the best video cameras for travel blogs. Each camera has specific features that are not suitable for everyone. That’s why you must keep your needs in mind to get the best out of your purchase.
In today’s guide, I have curated the list of the best video cameras for travel bloggers so that you will be satisfied with paying and won’t regret paying.
Best Video Cameras for Travel Bloggers for 2023:
Whether you are a seasonal or expert travel blogger, getting a quality image or video is your ultimate need to get the most engagement from your followers. So, if you don’t have a perfect camera for it, you won’t be able to get it. I understand this issue as I already struggled and went through with this. That’s why to bring the ultimate ease to your travel journey; I will share my experience with different models and brands available in the market. Deeper dive, you will also find my top picks for the best video cameras for travel bloggers.
So, let’s dig in.
Sony RX100VA Digital Camera
Sony RX100VA remains one of the best video cameras I have ever got for travel blogging. One of the main reasons I’m saying this is its size, which is much easier to carry. In short, it weighs less than 1lb, making it capable of carrying even in your packets or in backpack. That’s why Sony RX100VA remains my first-ever pick whenever I have to go somewhere. I need a memory card and tripod, and I’m done exploring all I want.
RX100V creates the fastest images in the world. For example, it can create 27 images in a second. What else could a traveler wish for if she got a camera capable of capturing her each moment? Furthermore, as you all know, an out-of-focus image would never look great and can destroy the whole experience. So it also had a 0.05 autofocus system, an incredible feature for beginner travelers or even experts.
- Come up with a rechargeable battery and USB cables to save you money.
- To transfer photos, you only need a QR code over Wi-Fi or NFC for hassle-free connecting.
- RX 100VA also offers a viewfinder, making it easy to view and playback your photos.
- The instruction menu will help you get hassle-free installation and operation.
- The lenses were designed to improve the sharpness of images with a perfect blend to defocus the background.
- Provide a high-speed focus, so it doesn’t matter how fast you change your camera position. It will provide you with an incredible rapid focus.
- Portable, lightweight, and easy to carry.
- Capable of shooting a 4k video.
- You can easily take 220 pictures on one battery.
- Compact camera with higher resolutions.
- It would need more quality in low-light conditions.
Canon EOS R6 Full Frame Mirrorless camera
Canon EOS R6 remains one of the best video cameras for travel bloggers, which is premium too. So, whether you are looking for the focus within the specific object or around the roam, canon EOS will take you through the process. It doesn’t provide only an intense focus but also a comparatively speedy focus around different objects. Furthermore, I love the viewfinder, where it doesn’t matter whether you want to create images or videos in sufficient light or low light conditions; canon EOS will provide you with enough quality you need. If you don’t have any budget issues, don’t think twice and go for it.
Canon recently changed its button placements, touch bar, and workflow. All these were good in improving the overall quality of the product. You can also make a 4k video using this camera which is treated as an additional feature worth the price. More specifically, it is one of the best video cameras for travel bloggers beating the other leading brands models like Sony and Nikon.
- You can create both high-quality videos and images based on your needs.
- It has an image sensor of around 20MP that helps to deliver outstanding quality.
- It is best to capture the images of your furry friend as it can detect the face, head, eye, and various body features to get a perfect, clear click.
- Various frame rates are available where the 60P full HD is enough to get cinematic effects.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth integration provides easy transfer of images with the automatic backup trait.
- Two types of stabilized or unstabilized lenses open the doors to more creative content creation.
- Lightweight making it easy to carry
- Great autofocus.
- Excellent subject-tracking technology
- It might not be suitable for long shooting hours.
Olympus M5 Mark II black
If you are a beginner traveler or don’t have much budget, then Olympus OM-D E-M5 is one of the best video cameras for travel bloggers available in the market. It has the entire feature that a blogger needs without breaking the bank. It was from one of my very first cameras when I started the journey of travel blogging, and till now, I have just loved it. Furthermore, you can also use this camera for vlogging as it provides an additional external mic and hot shoe features.
Furthermore, it has many customization features that will let you operate according to your needs. However, it doesn’t provide an autofocus option, so capturing or recording sports won’t be a good idea, but it still can provide good quality by paying little attention to it. With an affordable price, Olympus mark II can inspire any beginner or expert-level travel blogger.
- Come up with a voice coil motor that will help you get a quality image while shaking.
- The electronic viewfinder provides hassle-free view and playback of your images.
- Capable of producing high-quality 10 frames even in just a second.
- It has a built-in Wi-Fi feature that will let you share memories hassle-free on any device.
- Offer an interchangeable lens camera.
- A portable camera that is 40% lighter than any other DSLR.
- The body is made of metal, making it durable and providing extra protection against dust with hassle-free cleaning.
- Olympus camera will also provide touch screen autofocus, making it a pleasure to use.
- Clear shots without even a tripod.
- Affordable with waterproof qualities.
- Portable, lightweight, and easy to carry.
- Durable enough to go along for years.
- Don’t provide a comfortable grip over the camera
Gopro hero 10 black
GoPro Hero is one of the leading action cameras around the world. That’s why it always remains the best choice for video cameras for travel bloggers. Nothing can beat the latest version of GoPro hero 10 black, which can also produce 5.3k videos at 60 fps. Moreover, getting resolution and 5.3k videos in such a tiny portable camera is latterly made possible by GoPro.
One more thing I want to include here is that you can’t expect much from it as it’s an action camera. You may have to compromise at some points. More specifically, you may have to buy a different camera to capture high-quality videos at night, but it still can provide high-quality images with stunning contrasts.
- Come up with an 8x slomo and at 2.7k videos where you can also pause and grab the videos.
- It has a front-end high-quality LCD screen helping you to get smoother shots while vlogging.
- Most of its functions are seamless, which will help you to do hassle-free live streaming.
- Also, have a 1720mAh battery which is rechargeable, too, so that you can continue capturing moments.
- The live burst feature will let you capture the 30 seconds of footage before you start or stop the recording.
- It automatically stores your images in the cloud, so there is less risk of losing the memories.
- Long-lasting battery.
- Up to 33 ft waterproof.
- Built-in stabilization.
- Effortless uploading of images from one device to another.
- Turn the battery out to preserve the battery life.
Which One is The Best Video Camera for Travel Bloggers?
I have stated my best choices for video cameras for travel bloggers, but if you still need clarification and want to know which one you should pick. Doesn’t worry; here are my top picks. I recommend getting a Canon EOS full-frame mirrorless camera as one of the best. But it’s only for you if you don’t have any budget issues. If you want to save your budget, go for Olympus OM, you won’t regret paying for it.
I had the best experience with these two, but you can choose any of the above options.
Discover the Top 10 Attractions in Cappadocia for an Unforgettable Trip
5 Best kids travel Backpack (For Everyone)