Camping is a joy-able experience where the cold night and wintry weather could make all the difference. You will surely enjoy this journey if you are a winter lover, but all your excitement can go wasted if you’re not.
If that is your case, you must consider getting the heater to keep in the tent. Meanwhile, it is also worth considering that all heaters are not safe in enclosed spaces due to the risk of fire or suffocation.
That’s why you must spend some quality time exploring the best heater for tent camping.
To make your life easier, I have compiled a list of the best heaters for tent camping with their key pros, cons, and features so that you can make a well-informed choice without worrying about the risks. So, let’s dig in.
Best Heater for Tent Camping:
Before you start exploring the best heater for tent camping, you must be assured that spending extra time, effort, and money would be worth it.
That’s why if you are considering placing a heater in your tent, focus on a safer choice as far as possible despite feeling the worry of budget because your life and health always matter over finances.
One of the best heaters for tent camping I had ever tried was Mr. Heater F215100 Little Buddy. It has all the exceptional qualities I was looking for in a heater to place in the tent. The heating angle of 45 degrees will help you to get a maximum heating elevation of up to 7000 feet. What I just loved about Mr. Heater is it’s automatic shutdown system. So, whenever the heater feels the low oxygen around you, it will be turned off. That’s why Mr. Heater F215100 is the safest heater for tent camping I have ever tried.
However, it may look small in size, but it can perfectly warm a tent of up to 95 square feet. The perfect feature of Mr. Heater Indoor Safe Propane is its vent area for an ideal ventilation system while heating which is around 4 to 5 square inches. Although you can place the stand on any moving vehicle, it’s never been recommended from my side. Furthermore, I would highly encourage don’t placing or attaching any accessory or attachment near the heater – until or unless mentioned on the packaging.
- A simple button for casual on or off.
- The minimum and maximum run time and BTU is 5.6 hours.
- An ODS system to automatically turn off the heater during low oxygen.
- It is an indoor propane heater perfect for a room of around 95 square feet.
- The heating angle of Mr. Heat is 45 degrees
- It has a grip handle for easy movement.
- The floor stand is about 8 inches.
- Unmatchable performance up to 1 to 2 hours.
- Perfect for small tents having 3 to 6 people.
- It is portable and Handy, with an easy handle grip.
- It had adequate resistance to the wind.
- Will not suffocate.
- The on or off button is a bit daunting
A heater capable of using both a heater and a stove will be the ultimate choice for many travelers. That’s why I have also included the 2 in 1 solution in my list of best heaters for tent camping. Campy Gear serves both travel purposes so that you won’t have to spend again and again and can enjoy your journey. It is a portable 2 in 1 solution that serves the purpose of both heating and cooking. So, whether you are planning a camping, fishing, hunting, hiking, or picnic trip – This 2 in 1 heater will help you save your money and space in the luggage.
It’s worth considering that it is a propane heater with a rapid heating system of 365 degrees. However, it also has an exceptional range of 10000 BTU for maximum output. All these will help you quickly heat your tent, even in seconds. Furthermore, with each use, I’m getting the biggest fan of its propane adaptability. What else could you wish for if a heater could accept the propane canister of any company or brand? By connecting the Propane cylinder of 1 lb, you can even increase the hours of usage.
- Perfect and practical combo of heater and stove
- It has a radiant angle of 360 degrees.
- Providing the maximum output of 9000 to 10000 BTU.
- The flame of campy gear is entirely adjustable.
- It supports pots of various sizes ranging from 3.9 to 12 inches.
- Campy Gear is offering a complete 2 years warranty.
- The ODS system automatically shuts off during low oxygen.
- Lightweight and easy to use.
- The flame is adjustable.
- Certified by the safety measures of CSA.
- The switching knob can be made better.
PDD camping heater is an approved outdoor, indoor heater for tent camping. It can also be used as a stove or a burning heater. But, as compared to Campy Gear, I would still prefer it because the PDD heater can be used for boiling water, barbecuing, or cooking, but Campy Gear is still more customizable here with a wide variety of features in it. However, PDD is a portable camping heater that is lightweight and easy to carry.
Furthermore, the burner of PDD is made of shock-absorbing insulation ceramic. The combo of all these make it an ideal pick and helps keep it in highly resistant temperatures. It also supports an efficient run time of around 3 hours, where the help of a tip over the heater will help you to shut it on or off quickly. I just loved its handle, making it ideally portable, even without any hassle. So, the PDD camping heater has all you need to cook and heat, even without breaking the bank or with ease in the pocket.
- 2 is a 1 solution and works best as a heater and stove.
- The burner is made of ceramic.
- The shock-resistant technology makes it highly temperature resistant.
- Approximately 100% efficient for all the heating or stove targets.
- A 10000 BTU heater.
- It will work efficiently for spaces over 250 square feet.
- Lightweight and Easy to use
- Heats up well
- Easy to carry
- Heater with stove
- Gas might consume quickly
Mr. Heater is a leading brand in the world of heaters, so no wonder there is another product of Mr. Heater in the list of best heaters for tent camping. I included it in the list because of its more extensive functionality and support for indoor and outdoor spaces. However, as the name suggests, big buddy means it is a larger heater than Mr. Heater’s little buddy. It effectively proves exceptional heating quality from an open home or garage area to a camping tent.
So, if you are traveling with your family and friends or have many family members on your camping journey, then Mr. Heater Big Buddy is your need. The safe heating system will automatically detect the oxygen measurements and help you automatically turn off or on the gas. It is best to get a heating output of up to 18000 BTU. What I love about Mr. Heater Big Buddy is its heating capability for larger enclosures which means it can effectively provide heat to a space of around 450 square feet but with ease.
- It offers 4 position controls – making it easy to start.
- Mr. Heater’s big buddy has a larger heating surface.
- The handle at the top provides easy portability and grip.
- Capable of delivering a maximum output of 18000 BTU.
- Safe camping tent for larger indoor or outdoor enclosures.
- Propane larger heater.
- Great value for money.
- Propane extensive heating system.
- Best for both indoor and outdoor areas.
- The DC power fan would not be included in it
What Do I Recommend?
Although the above-mentioned all heaters are best for tent camping, and you can choose any of them. If you are still confused about which one to get, Mr. Heater is an exceptional brand offering a wide range of heaters. Still, its two models, Little Buddy and Big Buddy would be worth your Cost.
However, if you’re concerned about the prices, Camping Gear is your best bet. That has the solution to two of your concerns – a stove and heater- so you could save a lot.
Before you choose any, your life always matters over your finances or budget. So, stay aware of the world heaters and make the best choice.