A good pair of shoes is all you need to make your climbing journey more memorable, but unfortunately, it’s often overlooked by beginners and would end up buying unsuitable and unwanted shoes.
But, if you have searched for the best beginner climbing shoes, I understand you are concerned about your health and want to eliminate uncomfortable rock climbing.
So, read on to find some of my picks for the best climbing shoes for beginners so that you can handle each surface easily and without worrying about being a starter.
Best Climbing Shoes for Beginners:
Although there is a variety of climbing shoes available in the market, it’s hard to find when it comes to the specification of choosing for a particular skill level. Suppose you are a beginner; you must know you don’t need fancy shoes with the latest features.
However, at first, your beginner climbing shoes should be comfortable and capable enough to manage all the surfaces so the performance wouldn’t hurt.
That’s why I have compiled a list of the best beginner climbing shoes that meet all your needs, ranging from men and women to the budgeted range of any climbing enthusiast.
Without further ado, let’s dive in.
In the list of best beginner climbing shoes, La Sportiva Zenit remains my top pick, with which you will be ready to push your skill to an advanced skill level. The multiple exquisite features of La Sportiva Zenit make it the best bet for any beginner to intermediate climbing lover, where its great breathable and durable rubber sole has won my heart. Combining these two will also provide you with a comfortable grip over climbing areas. Specifically, if you are just starting your climbing journey, these two features will help you greatly expand your skill level.
Furthermore, La Sportive also features a new injection-model heel technology to add extra comfort to the shoe without feeling slippery. Not only will this, but using two different types of rubbers in the shoes will make it stickier. The only drawback I have noticed is that the shoe tip is not pointed enough to fit small feet, so that you may face sizing issues. However multiple sizing options are available, but you must be careful while choosing.
- The much stiffer midsole of 1.8mm.
- The dual hook enclosure straps for safe locks.
- The pre-injected heel is around 2mm.
- More Vibram grip sole.
- Leather underfoot with unlined lining.
- The upper material is made from woven fabric.
- Multiple sizing options.
- You will get more grips after every usage.
- Comfortable and durable.
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor usage.
- Works best for cats’ feet.
- The tip of the shoe is not pointed enough for small feet.
Black Diamond has created its worth in the market of climbing shoes with their comfortable and neutral climbing shoes. That’s why in my list of best beginner climbing shoes, Black Momentum also got its space in my today’s list due to its flat-spaced beginner-friendly climbing shoes specifically designed to meet the needs of any starter.
The simple and comfortable design of Black momentum rock climbing shoes has a double strap system to get more secure climbs all over the day as you make it as tight as you want. It will also help you save yourself from slipping by making the straps extra tight. The only thing I guess shouldn’t be there is the extra room in the heel. They are also made from a breathable leather material that will help prevent sweating in the shoes. But not that much would still have to face some sweat issues but still a better option than others.
- Easily and securely adjustable with its two Velcro straps.
- The midsole is soft enough to add extra comfort to the shoe.
- Flat-paced vertical shoes for all-day-long comfort.
- The rubber is around 4.3mm for durability.
- The molded rubber sole adds comfort for better performance with optimal consistency.
- The midsole will give improved edging ability and a strong grip.
- Available in different sizes.
- Double Velcro straps.
- Molded rubber sole.
- Breathable material
- Requires lots of sizing considerations.
A beginner climber always looks for the best viable options that offer the full features but wouldn’t cost much. So, Climb X Rave has the solution to all indoor or outdoor beginner climber problems. The biggest struggle I suffered was the sizing when I purchased shoes for myself. But, the sizing chart of X Rave has helped me find meaningful shoes that are super comfortable, durable and fit well for stable climbs.
Moreover, the Climb X Rae Strap must be your pick if you don’t prefer super-tight shoes. With it, you will get comfortable climbs without the worry of conditions. So, whether you want to climb damp rocks or rope outside, Climb X Rave will help you perform well. They are lightweight enough and can easily be put on or taken off.
- Durable with a double stitching system.
- The collar and heel are both padded for extra comfort.
- Sole is made from pure rubber.
- Holds strap for easier adjustability.
- It has a midsole of one-piece binding with added polypropylene material.
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor climbing.
- Lightweight but durable.
- Tighten adjustability.
- Best value for money.
Another pair of shoes from La Sportive Aragon that lies in my list of best beginner climbing shoes is Aragon. Due to its wider functionality opportunities, La Sportive Aragon is preferred by many beginner climbers. One of the biggest reasons for it is the double lock but quick enclosure system so that the climber can easily adjust the tightness as per his ease. However, it enables the same features as the La Sportiva Zenit, but the difference starts with the interior and comfortable sizing opportunities.
In addition to its amazing features, the La Sportiva Aragon provides enough space just before the toe because of its wider flare. Further, the durable leather construction increases its lifespan. All these enhanced features at this price would be worth the beginner climber’s efforts. It also holds the double Velcro enclosure system but with various customizations.
- The bottom is a bit curved.
- Velcro straps that are opposing.
- Available in different colors and sizing.
- The upper part is softer with a synthetic look.
- Rubber soles are off ½ with easier resole adjustments.
- Suitable for both intermediate to beginner levels.
- Comfortable and durable.
- The double but opposed enclosure system
What Do I Recommend?
When choosing the best beginner climbing shoes, performance, comfort and sensitivity are the key 3 factors you can’t compromise. And while selecting the products for today’s list of best beginner climbing shoes, I considered them all. I have tried all and had the best experience with them so far. However, I recommend trying La sport zentic as a beginner-friendly climbing shoe option.
I had the best experience with it so far, and the only reason I had to upgrade was over time. But I got another version of Aragon to make my purchase more effective. Still, if you want to get the premium features without breaking the bank, Climbing X Rave has your back.